Full Job Description:
Position Title: Parish Secretary
Hours: 9 am to 3 pm Monday-Friday
- Provide secretarial support to Mary, Mother of the Church Parish.
- A person driven by faith and having a love for the vision and mission of our parish.
- Possess good telephone and communication skills and understand the importance of confidentiality of church records and conversations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Greet parishioners and visitors. Perform general office work, phones, email, Mass cards.
- Prepare Weekly Mass Binder including Announcements and Prayer of Faithful.
- Keep up to date records for sick and deceased.
- Funeral Scheduling: Work closely with funeral homes. Update register books. Forward pertinent information onto Parish Staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or Business Manager.
- Have good computer and typing skills. Have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
- Knowledge of ParishSoft Database preferred but training will be provided.
- Have minimum of a high school diploma. Associate degree is preferred.