Welcome to Mary, Mother of the Church Parish
Religious Education 2020-2021
Registration and Tuition Information: Religious Education Registration will be opening in August for 2020-2021. New families to our program can download and print the registration form, which can be found further on this page, after reading the following information. Returning Families will receive an email with date and times available to pick-up their registration packet.
WE WILL BEGIN OCTOBER 4, 2020 ONLINE WITH A DIGITAL PLATFORM AND RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM IN JANUARY 2021. As we look forward to the fall we are conscious of what is happening in the world around us. Based on concerns for the health and safety of our families and the physical distancing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Diocese of Trenton, we have decided to begin with an online program with hopes of returning to the classroom in January 2021. We will be conducting short instructional videos weekly on the lesson your child will be learning that week. We ask that you commit to your regular RE schedule to do your lessons by forming a good habit. IE: Sunday Weekly, Tuesday Weekly or Monday Monthly.
General Information for 2020-2021:
- All families registering children in our program must be parishioners of Mary, Mother of the Church, and all new registrations must be accompanied by a copy of the baptismal certificate, and any additional sacramental records/prior Religious Education records if applicable (i.e., Transcripts if the student is new to our program and beyond 1st grade). To register with the Parish please register here.
- Traditional Weekly Program: We offer a traditional weekly program which meets Sundays and Tuesdays, and encompasses grades 1st through 8th. Please note that circumstances related to the pandemic may necessitate that we hold classes on only one night per week, and that directives from the state and the Diocese may affect our ability to offer in-person classes. Families who register for the Fall Program will receive updates as plans develop. The program this year will run from October through April.
- Monday Monthly Program: Our monthly program meets once a month, usually the first Monday, and encompasses grades 3rd through 6th. Once a month the child will attend in person class instruction and one family member is required to attend in person or virtually (depending upon directives) instruction at the same time. On the off weeks, this option is home-based, and will involve the family in the child’s faith formation. The program this year will run from October through April.
- Home Study Program: Our home study program is only for those returning families where the in-person lessons are too difficult, and encompasses grades 3rd through 6th. Children will receive home study requirements; expected chapter reviews and parish function attendance in addition to Mass in order to pass each year. The program this year will run from October through April.
- Program series:
o 1st-6th Grade – Sadlier “Christ in Us”
o 7th Grade – Sadlier “WeBelieve” and Dynamic Catholic “Decision Point”
o 8th Grade – Dynamic Catholic “Decision Point”
o 7th-8th Grade – Catholic Youth Bibles
o We also use the RCL Benziger ‘Family Life’
- RCIA: For adults and teenagers who wish to become Catholic or continue their Religious Education to culminate in receiving Sacraments, we offer an RCIA program. Please call the Parish Office to register for RCIA at 609-298-0261.
Tuition: Tuition is due at time of registration. Tuition is $100 for each child, with multiple children discount. There is an additional preparation fee related to sacramental years (2nd and 8th Grade). Our tuition schedule can be found in the registration packet. Tuition can be paid online, check or cash. To pay online, visit the parish website main page link to Online Giving www.mmotcp.org. Once online choose Give a New Gift, RE Tuition One Time, BE SURE TO RECORD EACH CHILDS FIRST AND LAST NAME IN THE SPECIAL INTENTION BOX and record the date paid on the registration form. To pay by check, please write the check out to Mary, Mother of the Church and include your check with the registration packet. To pay by cash, please contact us in advance at email@example.com. All children of our parish are welcome to our program, regardless of a family’s ability to pay tuition. If you are facing financial difficulties, please reach out to Mrs. Zola at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can find a resolution that works best for you and your family.
Due by 9/4/2020
Parish updates will be available on the main page of the web site. We also encourage you to follow our Facebook page Mary, Mother of the Church.
Completed registration packets and payment should be mailed to:
Mary, Mother of the Church Parish RE
Attn: RE Registration
45 Crosswicks Street
Bordentown, NJ 08505
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 609-291-8281.
Mrs. Margaret Zola
Business Manager and Coordinator of Religious Education
Mrs. Carol Schulz
Religious Education Assistant