Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Let’s take another look at our 1st reading; what God says to Moses really lays it out for those of us who call ourselves Christians. Let’s look at it in point form:
The Lord said to Moses,
- Be holy, for I, the Lord, your God, am holy.
- You shall not bear hatred for your brother or sister in your heart.
- You may need to reprove your brother or sister, but don’t commit sin because of them.
- Take no revenge.
- Hold no grudge against anyone.
- You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
What do you think, could the above be something we could stick on the fridge door and every time we go to the fridge remind ourselves of who we are and how we are to live?
ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL 2020 – Weekend of Feb 29th – March 1st
I know many of you are very much aware of the ‘Annual Catholic Appeal,’ and have supported it over the years. On behalf of all the many people who benefit from your generosity, Thank You! Sometimes people ask me where exactly does our money go? The diocese covers many different ministries and needs. This year you can give directly to a particular ministry under the following headings:
The Ministry where it is needed most – Donations allocated to ministries most in need.
Priest, Deacons & Religious
- Finding & Forming Priests (recruitment & formation)
- Retired Priests Care
- Preparation of Deacons
- Support of Religious Women & Men
- Families, Youth & Young Adult Ministries
- Catholic Social Services (The Guild)
- Pastoral Care (Prison, Respect Life, Grief)
- Special Events and Programs
- Outreach to the Poor and Vulnerable
Teaching the Faith
- Evangelization & Communications Outreach
- Religious Education, Rite of Election of Adults & Children
- Catholic School Programs (ie: Catholic Athletes for Christ)
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development for Educators
Your contribution to the Annual Catholic Appeal allows our diocese to continue to serve as a resource to the parishes and other organizations in their efforts to provide service, evangelization and outreach to people throughout Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
If you have pledged already, thank you. If you haven’t please pledge what you can
– always remember: “Every Little Helps.”